Monday, January 31, 2011

First Post!

I am so excited to begin this blog! Writing is something that I have always enjoyed and a blog is something I have often pondered.

These are the things that I want for this blog...
1. I want it to be relevant to the readers.
2. I want to it be full of useful information, yet concise and free of the verbosity that so many blogs are notorious for.
3. I want it to inspire a healthier and greener life.

Posts will be daily and be one of the following...
1. Articles: written by me about topics relating to nutrition, organics, and green living. These articles will be short, well researched and documented, and pertaining to things that we encounter daily. Examples of possible topics include: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids, Parabens and Sulfates in beauty products, Green Cleaning, Organic food, etc...
2. Replacements: suggestions for easy replacements that make a big difference. A simple example would be whole wheat products for white flour products- but I have more ideas up my sleeve than that!
3. Lists: Quick, simple, to the point. A simple example would be the 12 most important foods to buy organic.
4. Weekly menus with recipes: this will be my family's weekly menu plan. Healthy, delicious food that is easy and inexpensive. This will include many vegetarian meals.
5. Reading for the week. Links to interesting news articles pertaining to green living with a short commentary.

I'm not suggesting that I am an expert in any of these areas. Green living is something that I'm passionate about and I want to know more about. A lot of the articles that I'm planning are on subjects that I have a limited knowledge of. I want to change that; ignorance is not bliss!

Please subscribe to my blog and join me in making the changes, big and small, that will transform our lives and the lives of our children.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for all the great ideas to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this! I plan to copy and paste your weekly meal plans and I look forward to learning more about all of the subjects I know so little about (parabens, Omegas, HFCS, etc.) Thanks for taking this on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I just caught up on on the posts.... I read backwards from Feb.17, and love them all! tons of info and ideas that I can and will use. I think my favorites are the menus, and the nutritional yeast ideas, especially your suggestion to put some in a shaker right out to use..... Oh and the candle info, so I can declutter a bit... and the ground beef.... and the vinegar.... love them all. Thanks this is a great site, and I love the artwork design!

    ReplyDelete